2016 - GENERAL RULES
MUFFLERS & RACEIVERS MANDATORY IN ALL CLASSES
GATES OPEN AT 4:30 – DRAW CLOSES AT 6:15
PACKING AT 6:30
HOT LAPS AT 7:00 – RACES AT 7:30
IGNORANCE OF RULES IS NO DEFENSE!! IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN ~ THEN YOU CAN’T!!
1. FLAGMAN HAS COMPLETE AUTHORITY DURING THE RACE!
2. FIRESUITS ARE MANDATORY IN ALL CLASSES.
No driver is allowed
to race/hot lap in shorts & t-shirts. Racing helmets are MANDATORY
in all classes and
should have a “SNELL” rating of at least 95. Window nets or arm restraints are MANDATORY in all classes. Fire resistant gloves
and shoes are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. These safety precautions benefit YOU!!
3. Working Fire extinguisher mandatory in all cars.
3. After 5 yellows/reds – we will go green/white/checkered.
4. Only towing vehicle, trailer and racecar are allowed in pits.
the vehicle must buy a pit pass. Track insurance does not cover
any damage done to any
vehicle in the pit area.
5. Cars should be painted in a professional manner with the number
painted in a
contrasting color on BOTH sides and TOP of car, large enough for
scorer to distinguish
from the press box.
6. Track officials are not allowed to draw for any reason. Line-ups
will be made
after the draw has closed. If you have not drawn, you will run tailback. If you wish to run tailback,
please tell the officials at the draw. IF one car does not make the line-up, all
cars behind that car will move straight forward. If 2 or more cars in the same line do not make the
line-up (or crash on the first lap), the cars will be crisscrossed.
7. All cars MUST qualify through heats for the feature.
The first heat determines the inside row and the second heat determines the outside row. “B” feature race transfers line up at the back of the “A”.
8. Race line-ups will be posted on board going to the pits. It is the driver’s responsibility to know their position. All races will be aligned in the pit area. Drivers will be called to line up in the designated area. Cars are to be in the correct line up and ready to start the race before entering the track. If you miss the line up, you will run tailback. No hot laps between races.
9. When the front row of cars reaches the white line (in turn 4), the start will be
official upon the flagman signaling with the green flag.
The pole car will set the pace, which shall be consistent with track conditions and as required to keep the field in NOSE TO TAIL FORMATION. If you are out of line, the yellow flag will wave and you will be put on the rear. The race is officially over when the checkered flag is thrown. The only flag to follow the white is the checkered, unless the track is completely blocked and/or in case of fire. In this case, the race will be paid from the last completed lap. If the leader has taken the white flag and has a clear path to the checkered, the checkered will be thrown. If not, a yellow will be thrown and cars lined up (minus the cars in the yellow) and we will go green/white/checkered. If a yellow has to be thrown during this restart, the race will be over and paid from the last completed lap (minus the cars in the yellow/red).
10. The pole car should start the race at a reasonable speed. Do not keep the pace so slow that the cars behind are “bogged” down. Flagman may signal car to pick up speed. If this signal is ignored, flagman may put that car on the rear. This includes single file restarts. It is up to the front row to set an even pace so that the race is started evenly. If this cannot be done in 2 attempts, one or both cars will go to the rear.
11. On a restart, all cars return to their original starting position EXCEPT the cars that the yellow/red was thrown for. Those cars GO TO THE REAR. On the first lap, all cars must come through the green in order for the lap to be complete, except for those cars for which the yellow/red was thrown. After that, when the first 2 cars come through the green and a yellow/red is thrown, the lap is complete. The rest of the lap will be filled in from the last completed lap, with exception to the cars involved in the yellow/red. WE DO NOT RACE TO THE YELLOW OR RED FLAG. The scorers count laps from the press box, using the pole at the flag stand as the finish line.
A RED FLAG MEANS STOP ~ THERE IS A DANGEROUS SITUATION ON THE TRACK. DO NOT DRIVE AROUND TO BE CLOSE TO YOUR PIT CREW. IF YOU IGNORE THE RED FLAG, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
12. On single file restarts, a cone will be used on the back straight. Stay to the
right of the cone. If you run over the cord or cone, you will be put to the rear. The race will be started when the leader reaches the cone (you may pick up speed coming out of turn 4). Cars need to be in nose to tail formation and if you pass cars before you reach the cone, a yellow will be thrown and you will go to the rear. After 2 times, car will be DQ'd.
Lapped cars will be put to the rear of the field. Cars on the lead lap that cause a yellow/red will be aligned in front of lapped cars. A lapped car is defined as a car that is not on the same lap as the lead cars. Scoring is based on how many laps you have completed. If 2 cars are down the same amount of laps, but 1 car takes the checkered and the other doesn’t, the car that took the checkered will be paid ahead of the car that didn’t.
13. If you are charged with a yellow/red, you will go to the rear of the field.
(refer to rule #1). Arguing will get you sent off the track. If you are charged with 3 UNASSISTED yellows, you will be sent off the track. If a yellow is thrown for debris and it is yours, you will be charged with an unassisted yellow.
14. You have 2 laps to get into correct spot after being told/shown by officials. If you can not do that, you will be black flagged.
15. Intentional yellows will get you sent off the track
(examples including but not limited to: flats, sitting in infield then pulling out on track and stopping, stopping on track then after yellow being thrown driving to pit area).
16. Any car leaving the track under yellow/red will go to rear at restart. Cars
will be aligned according to the way they come back to the track. Minor adjustments can be made to a car under red. No pit crews allowed on track under yellow. Driver must stay in car unless told otherwise. If driver gets out of car, his/her race is over.
17. BLACK FLAG APPLIES TO ALL CLASSES. Not seeing flag is no
excuse. The black flag will be given to any car causing 2 yellows, not at “racing’ speed, dragging loose parts, flats on right side, excessive smoking or rough driving. (Again, refer to rule #1). If you ignore the black flag, we will ignore you at the pay window and
when doing points.
18. Protests must go through tech man. Protest must be done within 5 minutes
of end of race. Only driver is allowed to protest.
19. COURTESY RULE: Any car from another track with MINOR rule
infractions will be allowed to race one night. However, you will be notified of any
necessary changes and will have to be legal to Warren Arkansas Speedway rules on your next visit. The courtesy rules DOES NOT apply to mufflers, engine size, tires, or weight.
20. If a car cuts through the infield “wide open”, it will be counted as one lap
down. Stirring up dust is considered “wide open”
21. COURTESY RULE: Any car from another track with MINOR ruleinfractions will be allowed to race one night. However, you will be notified of anynecessary changes and will have to be legal to Warren Arkansas Speedway rules on your next visit. The courtesy rules DOES NOT apply to mufflers, engine size, tires, or weight.
22. All cars in which weight, cubic inches, tires, carburetor or inspection rules
apply, plus any car questioned and the driver notified, must go straight to the inspection and weigh station without stopping at their pit or elsewhere. Failure to do so will result in disqualification and loss of points and money. Upon inspection, if the car is declared illegal, all points and monies earned for the night will be forfeited. Warren Arkansas Speedway reserves the right to inspect any car at any time! Courtesy rule does not apply. If you weigh and are light, you will be DQ’D (no matter where you finished). ALL CLASSES:
TOP 5 IN HEATS ~ TRANSFER SPOTS IN “B” AND TOP 5 IN “A” MUST WEIGH!!
23. Harassment of any track official will not be tolerated. Such action will result
in suspension. When a car is being teched, no one from another car is allowed in tech area.
24. The pay window is pit entrance booth. It is your responsibility to collect your pay. We do not mail your pay to you (we pay cash). It is your responsibility to fill out a driver information sheet. You will not be paid until you do.
25. POINTS GO TO THE DRIVER. Heats: 1st = 5, 2nd = 4, 3rd = 3, 4th = 2 and 5th = 1Features: 1st = 100, 2nd = 98, 3rd = 96, 4th = 94, 5th = 92, 6th = 90, 7th = 85 (rest of the field continue -5 per place).
26. During a caution, if you have a question about your car (flat, loose fender, etc.). DO NOT STOP at any turn for pit crew to check. This will result in a black flag for the heat or feature in which it occurred. Go to a track official to have it checked.
27. NO Riders in the back window during packing or victory lap. All riders must be completely inside the car.
28. DRIVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR FAMILY AND CREW MEMBERS! This includes phone calls and text messages and social media. Any unauthorized person (this includes wives, kids, sponsors, girlfriends, boyfriends, pit crews, etc…) entering the press box or flag stand, will get their driver suspended for a minimum of 2 weeks. Any unsportsmanlike conduct will get the driver at least a 2 week suspension. The police officers will enforce the rules and regulations of Warren Arkansas Speedway in addition to the County, State and Federal laws. Flipping off the flagman/crowd is an automatic 3 week suspension ~ this will be
strictly enforced. Excessive speeding or other inappropriate displays in the pit area will cause the driver to be suspended. This includes racecars and 4-wheelers.
29. FIGHTING: If you go to another driver’s pit/car to argue/fight, you are the one who is considered wrong and you will be subject to penalties.
If you are suspended or disqualified twice in one season, you will lose all accumulated points. If you are suspended or disqualified in the last 4 weeks of racing, you will lose all accumulated points. If you are suspended, you will not be able to race on the next nights in any class. Rainouts do not count toward your suspension. If you are disqualified for any reason during the last 2 weeks of points racing, you will lose all accumulated points.
30. NO alcoholic beverages of any kind are allowed in pit area.
31. Unless you have received a handwritten (signed by management), notarized
invitation to watch the races from the infield, STAY OUT!!
32. A drivers meeting will be called when deemed necessary. When one is
called, any driver not attending forfeits any protest or discussion rights for the night.
33. Any driver changes that occur after the line-up is posted must start on the rear of the heat race. Any driver changes after the heat race, driver must start on the rear of the feature. A driver who had qualified for the feature may change cars, but a driver who is not qualified for the feature cannot race a car that is qualified for the feature. For any changes, you must notify track officials. If you fail to do so, you forfeit money and points earned for the night. NO driver changes after the green has been given in a race.
34. ALL PERSONS WHO ENTER THE PIT AREA MUST SIGN THE
“RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY” AGREEMENT. You will not be allowed in the pit area without signing. Armbands must remain visible at all times.
35. Anyone sustaining injury must report the injury to the front ticket office by
the end of the race night. Reporting the injury at a later date may void benefits. The track does not pay for ambulance rides. Do not assume that police officers or track officials will report the injury for you. Injuries sustained from fighting are NOT covered by track insurance.
36. Anyone under 16 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian sign a
“MINOR RELEASE FORM” in order to enter the pit area.
37. WARREN ARKANSAS SPEEDWAY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRANCE TO ANYONE WHO REFUSES TO ABIDE BY THE RULES AND THE USUAL POLICY OF CONDUCTING AUTO RACES. THIS IS PRIVATE PROPERTY OPEN TO THE
PUBLIC. WE DO NOT HAVE TO LET ANYONE WE SEE AS UNFIT ENTER THE PREMISES.
38. Special events may be governed by different rules. If so, amendments will be
given on flyers and/or at the drivers meeting.
39. The management of Warren Arkansas Speedway reserves the right to change the race program or rules at any time to improve the racing program. Any point or rule not covered herein shall be decided by management at the necessary time and shall be final.
40. No saving spots in the pit area ~ first come, first serve.